Summary Care Record
A Summary Care Record enables healthcare professionals, authorised with NHS smartcards i.e. Hospital A&E Departments and GP 'Out of Hours' health services, to view relevant information extracted from the GP record, limited to allergies and medication. The intention of the SCR is to help clinicians to give you safe, timely and effective treatment. Clinicians are only allowed to access your SCR record if they are authorised to do so and, even then, only if you give your express permission. Your SCR contains important information about any medicines you are taking, any allergies you suffer from and any bad reactions to medicines that you have previously experienced. You may want other details about your care to be added to your SCR – this is called Additional Information.
ENHANCED SUMMARY CARE RECORD
An Enhanced Summary Care Record includes the Summary Care Record information and a summary of the information recorded by your GP practice about you and will include the following (when this is present in your GP health record):
- Your long term health conditions such as asthma, diabetes, heart problems or rare medical conditions.
- Your relevant medical history – clinical procedures that you have had, why you need a particular medicine, the care you are currently receiving and clinical advice to support your future care.
- Your health care preferences – you may have your own care preferences which will make caring for you more in line with your needs, such as special dietary requirements.
- Your personal preferences – you may have personal preferences, such as religious beliefs or legal decisions that you would like to be known.
- Immunisations – details of previous vaccinations, such as tetanus and routine childhood jabs.
Specific sensitive information such as any fertility treatments, sexually transmitted infections, pregnancy terminations or gender reassignment will not be included, unless you specifically ask for any of these items to be included. Please contact your Surgery directly if you would like information such as this to be added to your Enhanced Summary Care Record.
Information submitted through secure forms is used only for the purposes of processing your request. We may
be in touch with you in relation to the information submitted.
All Information submitted through secure forms is secured with a private key and is accessed over a secure
connection by nominated staff. We have a strict confidentiality policy.
This information is not shared with any third party organisations.
This information is retained for up to 28 days.
Should you have any concerns about sending your personal details using the web,
please use one of the alternative methods offered by our organisation.