From Monday 1st October 2018, additional evening appointments have been made available for our patients. These appointments are not the same as the evening appointments which are currently offered. Every night of the week, one GP surgery in the Newton Abbot area will be open from 6pm - 8pm and you can be seen by any one of these surgeries. These are routine pre-booked appointments. As these appointments are for patients over a wide area, you may not be seen by a Clinician known to you from our practice.
Rota for Monday to Thursday evening appointments:
- Riverside Surgery, Bovey Tracey: Monday, every week
- Devon Square: 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month
- Cricketfield: 1st, 3rd and 5th Tuesday of each month
- Albany: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month
- Kingsteignton: Alternate Wednesday's
- Kingskerswell and Ipplepen: 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Thursday of each month
- Buckland: 1st Thursday of each month
In addition to our evening appointments, there will be weekend appointments available at Cricketfield Surgery. Patients can see a Health Care Assistant, Practice Nurse, or GP. This service is for pre-booked routine work and is not for acute, urgent or walk-in situations. For any urgent or acute problem, you should continue to contact 111 for help and advice.
Times for weekend appointments:
- Fridays: between 6pm and 8pm
- Saturdays: between 8am and 6pm
- Sundays: between 8am and 2pm
Consent to share your medical records
The Clinician you see will require access to your medical history in your records. When you book your appointment, you will be asked to consent to the sharing of your medical records. When you give consent, the only person who will be able to see your records is the Clinician at your appointment. Your consent will be valid for just 28 days from your appointment date.
If you do not wish to share your medical records, then unfortunately the weekday and weekend appointment service will not be suitable for you.